I’m proud of the work that Farm Aid does each and every day to strengthen family farmers and ranchers. And I’m grateful to you for being with us as we stand side-by-side with family farmers. With your support, we’ve accomplished a lot this year.
In 2022, Farm Aid:
- Shined a bright spotlight on the ways farmers are essential to solving our climate crisis;
- Granted almost $1.2 million to strengthen farmers, farm advocates and farm organizations across the country;
- Answered calls from more than 800 family farmers who called the Farm Aid Hotline;
- Expanded our hotline and Farmer Resource Network to reach Spanish-speaking farmers and ranchers;
- Helped new farmers access credit, resources and know-how to start farming;
- Worked with farmers and folks on Capitol Hill to level the playing field for independent family farmers and bring fairness and change to the farm and food system;
- Supported farmers and ranchers when climate disasters struck, including hurricanes and flooding;
- Brought together more than 18,000 people to rally for family farm agriculture at Farm Aid 2022 in Raleigh, NC, and hosted a pre-festival farmer forum, farmer appreciation supper and farm tours; and
- Invited festivalgoers to meet farmers, experience the joy of seed swapping, learn about our soil and water, and taste delicious HOMEGROWN food.
We know we have our work cut out for us in 2023, but with your support we’ll be able to accomplish our goals. We’re not giving up, because farmers need us, and we all need farmers!
In 2023, Farm Aid will:
- Rally with farmers in Washington to call attention to the crucial role they play to improve our climate future;
- Work for a 2023 Farm Bill that is good for farmers, rural communities, our soil and water, our food and everyone who eats;
- Expand our reach and our services to more farmers and connect them with the tools they need to stay on the land and thrive;
- Strengthen farmers and rural community members working together for powerful change;
- Gather engaged farmers, advocates and activists to work together to address some of our biggest challenges; and
- Celebrate family farmers and the good food they bring us.
This is a long to-do list, but we can do it together! All of this dedicated work makes a real difference in the lives of farm families, and all of us who eat. Your generosity makes this work possible.
When we strengthen family farmers, we are all stronger.
Stay Strong and Positive,