As we count down the days to the end of the year, we look back on what Farm Aid accomplished. We could not have done it without you! Together, we keep family farmers on the land, where they can take care of our soil and water, make our communities stronger, and grow good food for all of us.
Here are a few things Farm Aid accomplished in 2013:
- New farmers across the country gained access to land, credit, and know-how;
- We supported farmers transitioning to practices that take good care of our soil and water;
- Our farmer hotline responded promptly to hundreds of famers in need, and more than 5,000 people used our Farmer Resource Network to locate tools to help them get on the land and thrive;
- We brought farmer voices to places where they are not always represented but are so needed;
- When disaster struck, we acted immediately to assist farmers and ranchers;
- We made grants totaling $573,514 to farm and rural organizations across the country;
- And at Farm Aid 2013 in Saratoga Springs, NY, more than 25,000 people rallied for family farmers with a day of music and good food.
This is Farm Aid’s work each and every day, but only with your help is all of this possible.
Thank you for being part of the mission to keep family farmers on the land.