Farm Aid won’t stop fighting for family farmers and we hope you won’t either. Let me tell you what Farm Aid has done to strengthen family farmers this past year and about our plans for 2019.
In 2018, Farm Aid worked hard to:
- Respond to more than a thousand family farmers in need through our Farmer Resource Network and hotline;
- Grant more than $695,000 to fortify farmers, farm advocates and farm organizations across the country;
- Bring farmer voices to Washington, D.C., to fight for policies that level the playing field for independent family farmers;
- Act immediately to provide emergency assistance to farmers and ranchers when natural disasters and crises struck;
- Help new farmers get on the land with access to resources, credit and training;
- Support family farmers as they transitioned to practices that take care of the soil and water in their communities;
- Bring together more than 23,000 people to rally for family farm agriculture at Farm Aid 2018 in Hartford, CT, with pre-events that gathered farmers, eaters, policymakers, advocates and activists to work together for justice and change.
We accomplished a lot this year, but there’s much more to do. And we can’t do it without you.
In 2019, with your support, Farm Aid will:
- Continue to answer the increasing number of calls on our farmer hotline to provide immediate assistance to farmers in need;
- Fight for farmers and rural communities as the new Farm Bill is implemented;
- Connect farmers with the resources they need to stay on the land;
- Train new farm advocates to provide emotional, legal and financial expertise to farmers in need;
- Gather engaged farmers, advocates and activists to work together to address challenges like factory farms and the dairy crisis;
- Increase farmers’ resilience to natural disasters and provide emergency assistance when they occur;
- Make sure farmer voices are heard loud and clear on Capitol Hill and at the state and local levels;
- Bring together thousands of supporters like you to celebrate family farmers and eaters through incredible music, food and activities at the Farm Aid 2019 festival! (Stay tuned for details in the coming months…)
Together, we’re making a difference in the lives of family farmers. Because they make a difference in the lives of all of us, each and every day – from providing wholesome and fresh food for our table, to protecting our soil and water and strengthening our local economies.
Support Farm Aid today and show family farmers just how important they are to you.