We at HOMEGROWN.org are connecting to the land and to the family farmer by putting our hands into action – by raising homegrown food, cooking up a storm, canning the season’s bounty, and building our own modern homesteads. The HOMEGROWN Urban Country Fair is a gathering of St. Louis HOMEGROWNers who are eager to share their passions and expertise with others – won’t you join us?
Here are the details for the fair, and a rundown of the exhibits and workshops we have planned:
The HOMEGROWN Urban Country Fair at Tower Grove Farmers Market
Saturday October 3rd
10am – 2:30pm
- The Burning Kumquat Urban Farm at Washington University – Urban Farming
- The Greenhorns – Land access and beginning farmers
- Organic Valley – Gen-O Farmers and butter-making demos
- Floating Farms – Aquaculture
- Eastern Missouri Beekeepers Association – Um…beekeeping!
- YellowTree Farm – Urban Homesteading
- Schlafly Beer – Home brewing
- Upcycle Exchange – Upcycling and crafting
- Rachel Bigler – Lacto-fermentation
- Sandhill Farm – Intentional communities and organic sorghum products
Our partners include:
- All Along Press
- The Greenhorns
- KDHX Community Media
- Local Harvest Grocery, Cafe and Catering
- Tower Grove Farmers Market
As always, you can join the conversation at www.HOMEGROWN.org. Hope to see you there!