This year, Farm Aid will expand on the critical work we’re doing to strengthen the food system for everyone, from farmers and ranchers, to farmworkers, and all of us who eat.
In 2023, Farm Aid will:
- Rally with farmers during a mobilization in Washington, DC from March 6–8 to call attention to the crucial role they play to improve our climate future;
- Work for a 2023 Farm Bill that is good for farmers, rural communities, our soil and water, our food and everyone who eats;
- Expand our reach and our services to more farmers and connect them with the tools they need to stay on the land and thrive;
- Strengthen farmers and rural community members working together for powerful change;
- Gather engaged farmers, advocates and activists to work together to address some of our biggest challenges; and
- Celebrate family farmers and the good food they bring us at Farm Aid 2023.
This is a long to-do list and we’ll need your help to accomplish these goals. Watch the announcement of Farmers for Climate Action: A Rally for Resilience below and sign up for more information here.
Last Year, Farm Aid:
- Shined a bright spotlight on the ways farmers are essential to solving our climate crisis;
- Granted almost $1.2 million to strengthen farmers, farm advocates and farm organizations across the country;
- Answered calls from more than 800 family farmers who called the Farm Aid Hotline;
- Expanded our hotline and Farmer Resource Network to reach Spanish-speaking farmers and ranchers;
- Helped new farmers access credit, resources and know-how to start farming;
- Worked with farmers and folks on Capitol Hill to level the playing field for independent family farmers and bring fairness and change to the farm and food system;
- Supported farmers and ranchers when climate disasters struck, including hurricanes and flooding;
- Brought together more than 18,000 people to rally for family farm agriculture at Farm Aid 2022 in Raleigh, NC, and hosted a pre-festival farmer forum, farmer appreciation supper and farm tours; and
- Invited festivalgoers to meet farmers, experience the joy of seed swapping, learn about our soil and water, and taste delicious HOMEGROWN food.
We’re grateful to be doing this work with you since 1985. Stand with us to improve our food system and support family farmers, as they steward our soil and water.