FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
September 14, 2015
FARM AID CONTACT:
Sept. 17 Farm Aid 30 Preview Event Taking Place on Daley Plaza
CHICAGO — On Thursday, Sept. 17, Farm Aid will invite media and the public to Daley Plaza, located directly in front of the Richard J. Daley center, for a preview event of Saturday’s all-day music and food festival celebrating 30 years of family farmers. During the preview event, media attending will have the chance to interview farmers and vendors participating in the HOMEGROWN Village and sample HOMEGROWN Concessions® menu items, including vegetarian nachos, giant soft pretzels and portobello burgers. Farm Aid’s HOMEGROWN Concessions® brings family farm food center stage, showcasing local, organic, sustainable, humanely-raised family farm ingredients. Media also will be able to listen to good music from Chicago band and farm enthusiasts The Giving Tree Band and capture the excitement as the production for Farm Aid 30 comes together. The Thursday preview event is also open to the public. During the preview event, Farm Aid will host a Farm Aid 30 ticket giveaway. Farm Aid 30 will take place at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island on Sept. 19.
WHAT: Farm Aid 30 Preview Event and Concert
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 17, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. CDT
- Media availability begins at 11 a.m.
- The Giving Tree Band performs at 11:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. (tentative)
- The Giving Tree Band
- Representatives from Legends Hospitality responsible for coordinating HOMEGROWN Concessions® at FirstMerit Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- Concessionaires Hewn Bakery and Bella Beez
- Exhibitors in Farm Aid’s HOMEGROWN Village, including WestSide Bee Boyz doing a beekeeping demonstration
- Caroline Malcolm, Farm Aid’s HOMEGROWN Village coordinator
- Local Illinois farmers
- Glenda Yoder and Sonya Dagovitz, Farm Aid staff responsible for sourcing HOMEGROWN Concessions®
- Farmall tractor parked at Daley Plaza
- The Giving Tree Band performing live
- HOMEGROWN Concessions® chefs preparing food
- Homegrown Village skillshares and exhibits
WHERE: Daley Plaza, 50 W Washington St., Chicago, IL 60602
To accommodate live interviews, media interested in attending are asked to contact Brittany Vanderpool at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-599-2323. Media interested in attending Farm Aid 30 on Sept. 19 should visit www.farmaid.org/media. Sponsors of Farm Aid 30 include Amy’s Kitchen, Horizon Organic, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Applegate, Canidae® Natural Pet Food Company, Greener Fields Together, Lagunitas Brewing Co., Organic Valley, FirstMerit Bank and Time Out Chicago.
Tickets for Farm Aid 30 are available for purchase at www.livenation.com, the venue box office and by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Ticket prices range from $49.50 to $189.50. A limited number of tickets remains.
Farm Aid’s mission is to build a vibrant, family farm-centered system of agriculture in America. Farm Aid artists and board members Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews host an annual concert to raise funds to support Farm Aid’s work with family farmers and to inspire people to choose family farm food. For 30 years, Farm Aid, with the support of the artists who contribute their performances each year, has raised $48 million to support programs that help farmers thrive, expand the reach of the Good Food Movement, take action to change the dominant system of industrial agriculture and promote food from family farms.