If you are a farmer who needs help, call our hotline
Farm Aid’s Farmer Resource Network.
If you’re a farmer dealing with natural disaster, take a look at our Disaster Assistance for Farmers page for a list of potential resources.
For more general help, visit our Crisis Support Guide.
Jennie Msall manages the Farm Aid Hotline and takes most of the calls and emails, and if she’s unavailable anyone on the staff can help. If you can’t reach us directly, help us help you by including in your phone or e-mail message your full name, location, and contact info. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Some people assume Farm Aid provides large grants and loans directly to farmers. In fact, we can’t and never have. Our incorporation with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) prevents us from making grants or loans to any for-profit business, including farms. Instead, we fund farm support organizations of many kinds as part of our nation-wide, ever-expanding Farmer Resource Network. We can connect you to direct services of many kinds, including:
- Financial Counseling & Business Planning
- Crisis Assistance
- Legal Help & Mediation Services
- Resources for Beginning Farmers
- Resources for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers
- Funding Opportunities for Farmers
- Direct Marketing Assistance
- Institutional & Wholesale Markets
- Organic/Sustainable Transition & Support
- Conservation Programs
- Land Access
- Farm Energy Options
- Industrial Ag & Factory Farm Issues
- Activism & Organizing
We will do our best to help you find the assistance you need to support your farm and help it thrive.