Thanks to you, Farm Aid is able to do our work to strengthen family farmers. You’ve been with us as we’ve stood with family farmers, and this year we need you more than ever. It’s been another deeply challenging year for farmers – due to low crop prices, terrible natural disasters, policy disruptions and our political climate. We know we have our work cut out for us in 2020, but with your support we’ll be able to accomplish our goals. We’re not giving up, because farmers need us, and we all need farmers!
In 2020, Farm Aid will:
- Connect farmers with the resources they need to stay on the land;
- Train new farm advocates to provide emotional, legal and financial expertise to farmers in crisis;
- Fight for family farmers and rural residents to make sure state and federal policies reflect their interests and well-being;
- Gather engaged farmers, advocates and activists to work together to address challenges like factory farms and the dairy crisis;
- Better equip farmers to recover from natural disasters;
- Make sure farmer voices are heard loud and clear in Washington, D.C. and at the state and local levels;
- Celebrate family farmers and the good food they bring us.
This is a long to-do list, but we can do it together!
In 2019, with your help, Farm Aid:
- Connected directly to hundreds of family farmers in need through our Farmer Resource Network and hotline;
- Helped new farmers access credit, resources and know-how to start farming;
- Shined a spotlight on the farm economy crisis and the ways that stress is hurting farm families;
- Supported family farmers as they transitioned to ways of farming that take care of the soil and water in their communities;
- Granted more than $1 million to strengthen farmers, farm advocates and farm organizations across the country;
- Brought farmer voices to Washington, D.C., to fight for policies that level the playing field for independent family farmers;
- Acted immediately to assist farmers and ranchers when natural disasters, like historic flooding, struck;
- Brought together 30,000 people to rally for family farm agriculture at Farm Aid 2019 in East Troy, WI. At pre-events we gathered farmers, eaters, policymakers, advocates and activists to work together for justice and change. On festival day, we shined a spotlight on family farmers, served family farm food to everyone, front and back of house, and dug into hands-on activities that celebrate the culture of agriculture!
All of this tenacious work makes a real difference in the lives of farm families, and all of us who eat. When we strengthen family farmers, we are all stronger!
Executive Director, Farm Aid