On Saturday, April 11, Farm Aid partnered with AXS TV to produce At Home With Farm Aid, a live music event featuring Farm Aid artists Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews to benefit family farmers.
Thousands of generous donors from all 50 states and from 15 countries gave amounts of all sizes to support Farm Aid’s effort to strengthen family farmers and ranchers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hosted by Willie and his sons, Lukas and Micah Nelson, the “virtual” concert raised more than $500,000 to support Farm Aid’s work to:
- Invest in farmer-led solutions to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Make emergency grants to family farmers and ranchers in need
- Coordinate our national network of experts to create comprehensive resources for farmers
- Offer a sympathetic ear to farmers under stress through the 1-800-FARM-AID hotline and connect farmers to the legal, financial and mental health support resources they need to recover
- Support local, state and national farm organizations working on-the-ground to help farmers navigate this crisis
- Advocate for needed COVID recovery funds and resources from the federal government for short-term relief and long-term resilience
Farm Aid is proud to invest in our farm and food system, from farm to plate, and take care of the farmers and ranchers who are providing essential services by feeding their communities.
As Willie Nelson put it, “The time to build a resilient family farm food system is now!”
Strengthen Family Farmers
Like many in our communities, farmers and ranchers are facing uncertainty – right when we need them more than ever. They are resilient and innovative, but we all need to work together to support them so that they can continue to feed us. The generosity of folks like you can make a difference in the lives of affected farmers and ranchers. If you’ve already donated, thank you. If you haven’t donated yet, there’s still time to provide immediate assistance to farmers and ranchers who are struggling.