Our partners at the Farmers’ Legal Action Group (FLAG) just published their Farmers’ Guide to COVID-19 Relief (here’s a link to the PDF, or read it below, along with a condensed version to get started), which offers a description of various programs that might benefit farmers, including those that were passed as part of the CARES Act that became law on March 27. The comprehensive guide includes:
- Recovery Rebates for Individuals
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program
- Unemployment Insurance
- Foreclosure Moratorium and Loan Forbearance
- Funding for the Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC)
- Funding for Specialty Crop and Other Producers
- Changes to the Bankruptcy Code
- Regulatory Guidance for Financial Institutions
- USDA Administrative Actions
- Crop Insurance and Non-Insured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
- Court and State and Tribal Government Responses
- Scams and Discrimination
It is critical that farmers understand and exercise their rights under these programs as they work to steward their farms in the midst of this crisis, so please share far and wide.
This Farmers’ Guide to COVID-19 Relief was developed in collaboration with Farm Aid, Rural Advancement Foundation International – USA (RAFI-USA), National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition, Intertribal Agriculture Council and the Indigenous Food and Agriculture Initiative.
FLAG will be continuously updating this resource as new relief bills and policies are developed at federal and state levels, and Farm Aid and its partners will continue to push Congress and the Trump Administration to enact urgent measures to support all farmers and ranchers – not just the biggest farms and corporate players – and build a resilient food system at local, regional and national levels.
A Condensed Guide to Explain COVID-19 Programs for Farmers
With our partner organizations, Farm Aid has created a condensed version of this guide to explain the programs available, as well as helpful tips and information for farmers and their families during this crisis.
This guide was updated in February 2021
NAVEGANDO LA AYUDA COVID-19 PARA AGRICULTORES EN ESPAñOL
A Comprehensive Guide to Navigating COVID-19 Relief for Farmers
Below is the detailed guide with more information about the programs mentioned above.
This guide was updated on August 4th, 2020