Our right to know what’s in our food is on the Congressional table this week. Its time to take immediate action and tell Congress to oppose the DARK Act and support mandatory GMO labeling!
Here are the details:
Representatives Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) and G. K. Butterfield (D-N.C.) have introduced H.R. 1599, a bill dubbed the “Deny Americans the Right-to-Know” (DARK) Act, which will be voted on in the House of Representatives this week.
The DARK Act would:
- Preempt states from requiring GMO foods to be labeled.
- Preempt states from regulating GMO crops to protect public health and the environment.
- Virtually eliminate FDA’s ability to craft a national GMO labeling system.
- Preempt state efforts to end misleading “natural” claims and allow foods containing GMO ingredients to be labeled “natural.”
Making a difference is easy:
- Call 844-311-6262 to be directed right to your member of Congress.
- Tell them to vote NO on HR 1599 or the DARK Act and to support mandatory labeling of GMOs.
It take just a few minutes, but makes a big difference.