About the HOMEGROWN Village
If the stage is the heart of Farm Aid, then our HOMEGROWN Village is the hands!
In the HOMEGROWN Village, thousands of festivalgoers will explore interactive exhibits that engage all of their senses in the Farm Aid mission; hear farmers and concert artists discuss pressing issues on the FarmYard Stage; attend skillshares to learn agrarian skills and celebrate the culture of agriculture in the HOMEGROWN Skills tent; connect with organizations doing critical food and farm work all over the country, and so much more.
See below for a taste of The HOMEGROWN Village at Farm Aid 30 in Chicago, IL:
What We’re Looking For
The HOMEGROWN Village is about “exhibiting,” not “tabling.” We’re seeking 20 to 25 organizations to exhibit in the Village this year with interactive exhibits that are creative, playful and — most importantly — participatory!
The following 5 topic areas are meant to inspire your proposed exhibit. Please review & gear your application toward one or more of the following:
- THE FERTILE GROUND: Black gold…topsoil…terra firma…. No matter what you call it, soil is vital to growing healthy food. What makes soil healthy and what is soil’s role in the health of our land, water, air, climate and food supply? What can we do to better care for this vital resource
- TAP THE SOURCE: Water is life. The growing scarcity of clean water affects us all. What are the major threats to our water future? How do farmers practice water stewardship and how can we become better stewards of our water supplies?
- IN FARMERS WE TRUST: Farmers are the backbone of America’s food system and our economy. What does it take to be a farmer? What challenges and opportunities are facing family farmers of all generations and backgrounds? How can we sustain and support the future of farming in America?
- POWERING THE FARM: Which farm-based innovations, alternative energy sources, growing methods, and models will power us into the future?
- EAT YOUR ZIP CODE: What does local food mean to you? What can we build to help us all eat closer to home and support family farmers in our area? How are you growing a strong, local Good Food Movement in your region?
Apply by July 28th to Be Considered
Applications for exhibiting in this year’s HOMEGROWN Village are due by JULY 28th. We will notify all applicants with a decision by August 15th.
Please contact Farm Aid at 617-354-2922 or email email@example.com with any questions.